GoCPS High School Application Information
Don’t forget, the GoCPS application deadline is coming up. Get started today and submit your application by December 11, 2020. Visit go.cps.edu to learn more.
Fall Re-Opening Highlights
- All Professional Development will be moved to remote.
- Three ISBE Remote Learning Planning days have been added to the school calendar (August 19-21). These will be used and dedicated to virtual instruction, gaining student voice and providing parent support and training on Remote Learning.
- K-8 will use Google For Education applications and resources for streaming lessons (Google Hangout), talking to students (Google Chat) and posting lessons/materials (Google Classroom). Additional apps are available to enhance virtual teaching.
- All grade levels will have a structured day with opportunities for academics, social emotional learning and collaboration with teachers/peers.
- Enrichment classes will continue virtually to engage students in music, art and physical education.
- Continued collaboration with FSS and Social Work teams will allow for a continuum of care.
- All students will have a computer for at-home use and staff will continue to problem-solve any internet connectivity issues.
- Grading and curriculum policies will need to be reviewed as we await District/ISBE Guidance and/or create it ourselves.
- Digital and paper assignments will continue to be provided.
Plan is valid till 11/9/2020 by which a reopening committee will reassess next steps.
Registration is open for CHES extracurricular athletics and clubs. Please review the attached offerings and sign up in your student’s PE classroom. Please reach out to Mr. Haran on remind at @PEHaran with any questions.
Have you signed up yet? REMIND is our school’s communication lifeline. You should be on your child’s teacher(s) account and the CHES main account. See the attached flyer for information on how to sign up.
9/25: No School; Remote PD Day
11/3:No School; Election Day
11/5: No School; Remote Report Card Conferences
11/6: No School; Remote PD Day
11/11: No School; Veteran’s Day
11/25-11/27: No School; Thanksgiving Holiday
12/21-1/1: No School; Winter Break
Full calendar here: Christopher House Elementary School Year 2020-2021
Meet the Principal
Welcome to Christopher House Elementary School where we strive to create a school climate in which children, teachers, and parents find a sense of community, experience the warmth of friendship, and are inspired to view learning as a lifelong process.
Lottery and Non-discrimination Policy
Concerns or inquiries regarding sex discrimination, harassment, or retaliation can be made to the Board’s Title IX Coordinator in the office of student protections and Title IX (OSP) or the U.S. Department of Education office for Civil Rights (OCR).